The Arc De triomphe Race Day Athmosphere
The 2013 Arc De Triomphe takes place at the end of September or the begining of October each year. In 2012 the Arc shall be run on the 3rd October at the beautiful Longchamp course the home of the Arc De Triomphe. Each year the Arc De Triomphe has in the region of 60,000 racegoers arrive at the Longchamp track of which nearly 20,000 British visitors, arrive on mass to cheer home their favourite horses from their side of the pond. The original and electric atmosphere never fails to impress both racing enthusiasts and spectators attracted by the tantalising prospect of an exceptional sporting event.
The Longchamp course always looks in great shape for this day and the arry of fresh flowers are a highlight of Arc day and the French always reserve a special welcome for its visitors. Jazz bands, the Welsh Guards, Irish Guards and the National Police Fanfare guarantee a highly festive atmosphere. The champagne bars sparkle and the Arc Hats are an irresistible temptation to join in the fun and there is free entry for Ladies wearing a hat for the occassion.
The paddock is the heart of Longchamp as it comes to life with the likes of the owners, trainers, jockeys and the international media buzzing around the finest horses in the world.
The excitement and tension builds gradually with every passing race. Then, the incredible clamour heralding the great race itself is preceded by an uncanny silence. And finally comes the eagerly awaited crowning of the winner of the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barrière, the solemn climax of an occasion infused with elegance and excellence.
- Minding set to ease to Irish 1000 Guineas glory at Curragh
- Irish 2000 Guineas Gold Medal Should Go To In Form Galileo
- Time Test to down Found in Tattersalls Gold Cup at Curragh
- Punters Praying For Devine Meccas Angel Performance in Temple Stakes
- Kodi Bear can roar to Lockinge Stakes victory at Newbury
- Flying Officer can storm to Yorkshire Cup success for Gosden
- Koora tipped to land Middleton Stakes success for Cumani
- Wings Of Desire Can Fly In Dante Stakes On The Knavesmire