The Arc De triomphe Race Day Athmosphere
The 2013 Arc De Triomphe takes place at the end of September or the begining of October each year. In 2012 the Arc shall be run on the 3rd October at the beautiful Longchamp course the home of the Arc De Triomphe. Each year the Arc De Triomphe has in the region of 60,000 racegoers arrive at the Longchamp track of which nearly 20,000 British visitors, arrive on mass to cheer home their favourite horses from their side of the pond. The original and electric atmosphere never fails to impress both racing enthusiasts and spectators attracted by the tantalising prospect of an exceptional sporting event.
The Longchamp course always looks in great shape for this day and the arry of fresh flowers are a highlight of Arc day and the French always reserve a special welcome for its visitors. Jazz bands, the Welsh Guards, Irish Guards and the National Police Fanfare guarantee a highly festive atmosphere. The champagne bars sparkle and the Arc Hats are an irresistible temptation to join in the fun and there is free entry for Ladies wearing a hat for the occassion.
The paddock is the heart of Longchamp as it comes to life with the likes of the owners, trainers, jockeys and the international media buzzing around the finest horses in the world.
The excitement and tension builds gradually with every passing race. Then, the incredible clamour heralding the great race itself is preceded by an uncanny silence. And finally comes the eagerly awaited crowning of the winner of the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barričre, the solemn climax of an occasion infused with elegance and excellence.
|Just A Way||7|
|Sea The Moon||8|
- 2014 Galway Festival Betting Preview Pique Sous favourite for Galway Hurdle on Ladies Day
- Music Master bids to find the right tune in the Hackwood Stakes at Newbury
- Bracelet tipped to enhance Aidan OBriens fine record in the Irish Oaks at the Curragh
- Tarikhi Taken To Win Competitive John Smiths Cup On the Knavesmire
- Aidan OBriens Gleneagles set to go off favourite for the Superlative Stakes
- Tullius is firm favourite for the Summer Mile Stakes at Ascot
- Georgian Bay tipped to shine from a big price in the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket
- 2014 July Cup Odds Edward Lynam Holds All The Power In Newmarket Group 1